Sunday, December 2, 2012


From Erica Baum's Dog Ear (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2011).

"I’m reauthoring the text in this simple act of folding the paper which creates a new view. I want the compositions to work both formally and linguistically on several levels simultaneously. It looks simple but it’s actually very hard to find ones where everything comes together. I think in order for concrete poetry to succeed it has to operate in both these ways. I’m also adding a third thing to this mix because these have to be found in a book. In this case the constraint is the page sequence....I’m looking for something that in some sense already exists and has the potential to yield something else," Baum says about her project, here.

Some discussion here and here, more images here and here, and many more links on the UDP page, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment